- Hotels and Travel
- For Presenters
- About the Conference
Photography and Videography Policy
In consideration for the opportunity to attend or speak at AASHE 2011, attendee or speaker herby consents to publication, reproduction, distribution or other use for AASHE, their successors and assigns, of attendees name, photograph, video, and or likeness for advertising future AASHE events or other marketing purposes. By registering to attend or accepting a speaking opportunity, I hereby release AASHE, its employees agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims which may arise out of my participation in a photo or video shoot and the use of my name, photograph, video and or likeness.
AASHE Sponsorship Policy
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, AASHE gratefully accepts tax-deductible corporate sponsorships to support its mission relevant activities. AASHE will not solicit or accept sponsorships from corporate entities whose practices, policies, or operations are deemed unacceptable and contrary to the values implicit in its mission.
Statement of Policy
AASHE actively solicits and encourages the business community, service clubs, government and non-government organizations, and other organizations or individuals to become sponsors of AASHE events, programs, and services, consistent with AASHE principles and mission. AASHE enters into sponsorship agreements with sponsors it deems appropriate. Sponsorship agreements may vary by sponsor. This policy is designed to be mindful of AASHE's status as a nonprofit organization under the law. AASHE reserves the right to refuse or decline any offer of sponsorship at its absolute discretion or to negotiate with the sponsor concerning any aspect of a proposed sponsorship.
A sponsorship is defined as a mutually beneficial exchange arranged in advance whereby
- AASHE obtains support for a specified activity.
- Sponsor receives acknowledgement and recognition in return for cash and/or products and services-in-kind to AASHE.
- Additional benefits may also be extended to a sponsor with the approval of the Executive Director.
AASHE welcomes corporate sponsorship support of its organizational efforts subject to the following guidelines:
- AASHE will not accept corporate sponsorship that reflects in a predominantly negative manner on the Association, does not align with its mission statement, or is not in the best interest of the health and safety of the organization as determined by the Board of Directors or their designees.
- AASHE does not accept corporate sponsorships for certain categories of products and services, including illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, weapons, tobacco products or establishments, sexual escort services, or check cashing services.
- AASHE does not endorse, directly or by implication, any products, services, or ideas promoted by sponsors except those sponsored directly by AASHE.
- Individual staff should not receive any substantial benefit (greater than $100) from association with sponsors. Any commissions, substantial gifts, or other financial benefits should be brought to the attention of a supervisor.
- AASHE retains control over any sponsored program and sponsors shall not have any input into operational matters relating to a project they have sponsored
- This policy is not applicable to philanthropic contributions, grants, or unsolicited donations in which no benefits are granted to the sponsor and where no business relationship exists.